- 2 cups cooked rice 1 onion chopped finely or 5 to 6 shallots 1 green chilly 1 tablespoon coconut oil 1 teaspoon mustard seeds 7 to 8 curry leaves 2 tablespoon juice of lemon Salt to taste 1 tablespoon grated coconut Coriander leaves for garnishing
A simple rice preparation with Lime, lemon flavour. A traditional favourite in South India.
- Heat the oil in a pan or a wok.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, when the mustard seeds crackles add the onions and green chillies finely chopped.
- Fry till the onions turn golden brown in colour. Then add the rice , lemon juice and salt. Mix the rice well.
- Sprinkle the coconut and the coriander leaves.