- 100g Mawa/ Khoya 1 cup maida (refined flour) 1 cup sugar(powdered) 1 cup butter 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon rose essence 2 eggs ¼ cup milk
Mawa or Khoya is the solid condensed milk that is used in making many desserts & sweets in India. The secret of baking a soft cake depends on how well you beat the batter. This cake is made with Mawa and is a regular favourite.
- Knead the mawa well till it is smooth .
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Separate egg yolks from the whites.
- Whisk the white of the eggs till fluffy.
- Beat sugar and butter till fluffy.
- Add in the egg yolks beat well.
- Fold in the maida and beat well.
- Add the mawa –milk mixture and the rose essence.
- Mix the batter to a smooth consistency.
- Pour in a greased tin and bake it for 35 minutes.